Sunday, July 27, 2008

Newspaper Article From July 26, 2008

Just in case you missed the article, the Ventura County Star ran an article on July 26th, with the headline, "Local Market Shows Signs of Life". The subcaption was, "Realtors seeing multiple offers--but say we're not home free".
I myself have experienced that subtle change in the market recently.
I took a client of mine to look at a home in midtown Ventura recently. She really liked it and it was priced well. She was not yet prequalified for a loan and she also wanted to have her husband go see it. Two days later her husband came by to look at it. He also liked it. I put in a call to the listing agent. Well...you guessed it! There were already numerous offers submitted. My client did not act fast enough. I know it is difficult, especially in this market, to feel confident you are jumping in at the right time. However, my advice is that it sure would surprise me if the market drops too much more. If you are financially sound and want to invest, and have the good credit you need, then I say you should be buying now. But get prequalified, search the market with a good agent for a bit and then jump on one of these great priced homes. Think about it.....when is the last time you saw prices this low?

Please visit my website at www.JanisCalkins.comVentura County Real Estate at Your Fingertips!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home